Day 3
Today was one of my favorite days on an O.A.T trip. It’s called a day in the life. We visited a small farming village with 400 people and learned about their lives
Our guide introduced us to the village headman (in the blue shirt) The structure behind them was built by money from us travelers. They use it for community meetings, weddings, and other village functions.Next he explained how villagers got a certain amount of government rations of rice and sugar, lentils.
As we walked through the village we saw many mandalas for the Pongal celebration. They are made with chalk mixed with sand.
We visited the cow house.
Experienced making papadam
Met the village shaman who treated 3 of us Hope-the video plays
This, I hope is a short video of Andrew being treated. My video is too long to upload but I can tell you I actually did feel calmer after her treatment of brushing away bad energy with a special plant and putting some salt, I think on my head
After the village hosted us for a community lunch, several of us went for an oxcart ride. This is the driver.
They paint their horns blue for the festival. After a very full day some folks did more sightseeing but I decided it was time to try the swimming pool. I don’t think I ever mentioned the name of the town we’re in: Mahabalipuram. Try saying that fast 5 times— or even once slowly! Tomorrow we leave here and the lovely Bay of Bengal. We head inland and we will probably be on the bus most of the day.











Comments
Post a Comment