Day 13

Everyone else was a passenger on a motorcycle doing an early morning tour of the city. I woke up with a bad sore throat and decided a quiet morning in my room was best. Later I joined the group for a walk around the neighborhood. This is a rain tree

We were by the water so there were lots of fish stalls - with fish covered with flies.



Banyon tree. It’s kind the Buddha sat under when he was enlightened.

Colonial homes still standing. 
M


Then we went to St Francis church which is the first church built in India.



Before we went in, an Indian family grabbed a few of the s for a photo.

How to know you’re in India:
Raise your hand if in the US you’ve had to take off your shoes before entering a synagogue or church.  I didn’t think so. I’ve had to do both here — in addition to taking them off for Hindu shrines.

The arrow points to Vasco da Gama’s tomb. However, his son took his remains back to Portugal so the tomb is empty.





This piece of cloth is a fan. Someone needs to move it back and forth. 

The Chinese fishing nets being raised and lowered. The big boulders weights them down. I don’t think Chinese fishermen are around anymore but their nets are.


Stairs to my room. Glad I found an elevator. 




Motorcycles lining up for the ferry. 




Comments

  1. Hi Sora--I've enjoyed your trip while mostly sitting at home in frigid temperatures and a foot of snow. You are very ambitious in your travels! I hope the sore throat has passed. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog