Day 14

I forgot to mention but when we went the American style restaurant, one woman could finally get a mango lassi. She kept asking Leo but he didn’t know what it was — so it’s either North Indian or it’s American!

Day 14. Today was a travel day unlike our other bus travels where we make interesting stops, this was bus to the airport, wait at airport, fly to Mumbai and take a long ng bus ride to the hotel. I do have few photos taken from our moving bus.

I think I mentioned I had a sore throat, well that blossom into a full fledge cold. I almost never get sick. I can’t even remember when I last got sick so this is pretty annoying, but two women on our trip have Delhi belly. (Can I use that term when we’re in Cochin or Mumbai???) if I have to be sick, I prefer a cold.



Not slums




Electric bus, government owned. 

Mumbai has terrible slums but also great elegance as it the finance center, fashion center, and home of Bollywood movies. Wealth and poverty.

We walked to the Gateway to India arch built in 1911 to honor King George V who
came to India. The arch was OK but the scene around the arch was most interesting.  I should add that walking anywhere is a major project in staying alive. Almost as nuts as driving.




We saw many more Muslims here than we’ve seen elsewhere, including women completely covered in black with the only their eyes

Crowds and Taj Mahal hotel. The real Taj is nowhere near  here  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog